Board of Directors 1975
In 1971 a letter to the editor appeared in the New Port Richey Press in which Janet Lewis, librarian of the New Port Richey Library, recommended that a local historical society should be formed. In 1973, the West Pasco Historical Society was formed. Julie Obenreder was the first President. In 1974-1975 the society published West Pasco’s Heritage.
The purpose of the West Pasco Historical Society is to preserve the history of the local community and further the historic knowledge of its citizens.
WHAT WE DO
The historical society serves several functions for the local community.
Manages a museum that exhibits local historical archives.
Keeps historical records, photos and information for the area.
Serves as the main resource of historical information for the community.
Educates and entertains the local community by hosting events.
Conducts tours and field trips for the local civic groups and schools.
Performs outreach activities.
Publishes historical books and articles.
CURRENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Bob Langford President
Vic Mallett Vice President
Brian Schmit Executive Director / Curator
Ann Rusaw James Treasurer / Gift Shop
Jeff Miller Historian/Librarian/Digital Archivist
Bob Hubach Chairman
Trishia Rich Membership
Cindy Grey Secretary
Heather Fiorentino Director
David Prace Director
Judith Koutsos Director
Antonia Miernik Director
Diane Faulkner Corresponding Secretary
Dr. Rao Musunuru Director Emeritus
The museum is housed in a building which originally served as the Seven Springs school house. The school was in operation from 1913 to 1925, but the schoolhouse which became our home was built in early 1915. The building subsequently became a private residence of Ed and Willie Maude Frierson. It was purchased then donated to the historical society by Alex Acey. It was moved to Sims Park in October 1981 and dedicated on January 16, 1983. The Library addition was added in 1992. The interior of the building was extensively remodeled in 2010-11. At the grand re-opening ceremony on Sept. 10, 2011, the museum was re-named the Rao Musunuru, M. D., Museum and Library, in honor of a significant donor for the museum renovation. The forty exhibits and the museum layout were redesigned in 2019. The museum is handicapped accessible.